Saturday, April 4, 2020

Critical Reflection


During the start of the course, we were asked to write an introduction email to our professor about ourselves and what we set out to improve by the end of the course. The two goals that I set for myself was to improve on the clarity of speech and to improve on the language used both verbally and written. I am happy to say that I have improved in both fields as large to most parts of the course required us to paraphrase and have proper usage of language. The course also required me to give presentations to the class. Some ways that I used to improve on my communication skills is to rehearse the night and morning before so that I would be prepared for the actual presentation. During the rehearsals, I will think of ways to improve the content and language used for the actual presentation to keep it engaging to my audience. I believe the best way to further improve on my communication skills is to put what I have learned to practice. Other than talking to people and taking opportunities to present in front of a crowd, taking in constructive feedback will further enhance the learning experience in improving communication skills.

This project experience has been a delightful one as I had supportive teammates, Daryl and Aloysius. Throughout the project, Medi-Claw, we met some hurdles and had to change the dynamics of our project. Thankfully, through the meetings, the team was very constructive in how we can venture into a topic and make our proposed solution work. As the project progressed, we had to come up with a technical report and an oral presentation to present our proposed solution. Despite the overwhelming workload, the team managed to pull through by helping each other out in the content in our report and presentation to make sure that the project was comprehensive and holistic.

My main takeaway from this project is to realize that it is possible to have a very enjoyable experience doing a project if there is a sense of responsibility in each member and all of us will have to be team players. I am very thankful that Daryl and Aloysius have been very constructive, and everyone was appreciative of each other.

Overall, it has been a great experience throughout the module and it the lessons allowed me to learn the art of report writing as well as presentation skills. I am sure that this module will benefit me beyond my studies in SIT.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Cheng Boon, for this detailed reflection. You provide clear supporting info as you review aspects of your work during the term. I'm impressed by the learning you mention in terms of you having achieved the goals that you had set at the start of the term. You certainly did well in terms of refining your language skills and acing your oral presentation. It was heartening to see you command the stage as you presented with clear confidence.

    You also mention in this post your project and the value of the team. I'm happy to lear that you all had a sense of rtesponsibility for completing the varioius tasks. I appreciate your steady guidance for your comrades and the willingness you all showed to work hard to push the learning forward.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Critical Reflection

During the start of the course, we were asked to write an introduction email to our professor about ourselves and what we set out to impro...